UPA Home Care provides all levels of Home Care Packages to help you keep your life just the way you like it. A Home Care Package provides you with the support services you need, at home or out and about, when you need them.
Funds can be spent on most things that relate to your care and wellbeing. The list is endless – you have flexibility and choice – so you can be creative when speaking to UPA Home Care about what you want. Services do however need to fit within your package budget and be listed in your care plan.
The costs are subsidised by the Commonwealth Government. If you can afford to, you can pay for some extra things out of your personal funds.
These are some examples of things that you can get help with:
- Common spending items
- Personal care – showering, dressing, continence management
- Home care – cleaning of the house (essential areas), laundry, making beds
- Shopping assistance
- Transport to appointments, such as medical or even hairdresser (escorted by a care worker)
- Meal preparation
- Basic garden and lawn maintenance
- In-home respite care
- Medication prompts, personal alarm monitoring
- Social activities and programs
Individualised and flexible spending items:
- Podiatry, physiotherapy, occupational therapy counselling, speech therapy, some visual aids, companion pet
- Professional laundering, spring cleaning, therapeutic bed mattress
- Internet access, iPad, computer equipment, hands-free speakerphone
- Fuel vouchers or taxi vouchers to use to get around without a worker needs to be present
- Basic cooking classes, meal delivery, diabetic magazine subscription
- Making raised garden beds, purchase or hire of some equipment and paying towards some modifications at home
- Personal support during travelling or whilst visiting other locations
- Worker to help create photo memory books, go for a stroll in the park, out for coffee, walk the dog
- Exercise programs and classes (such as hydrotherapy, yoga, massage, gym, personal trainer, treadmill, etc)
There are four levels of Home Care Packages to help meet peoples’ different levels of care needs. During your aged care assessment, your assessor will discuss your current care needs and determine the best level of care to meet them.
UPA Home Care will guide you through the entire process from initial enquiry to assessment, and then on to choosing your care.
Where are you on your HCP journey?
- If you have already been assessed for and assigned a Home Care Package we can help you with a fantastic, personalised Home Care Package service.
- If you have not applied for a Home Care Package yet, and you would like to, we can help (and we make it really easy too!)
- If you have a Home Care Package service already, but you are not satisfied with your current provider, we can talk to you about switching over to UPA Home Care. Our North Coast team is an award-winning provider! We meet many clients of other Home Care services who are unhappy with the quality of care, or the amount of care they can receive, and look at the ways we can provide a better, tailored solution with thought and care.